USA Boxing Announces COVID-19 Protocols for Lubbock
by USA Boxing
Policies can be downloaded here as well.
USA Boxing Junior Olympics COVID Plan - June 15, 2021
(These are the minimum standards subject to change based on current information.)
In order to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus, this document is meant to provide protocols on who and when those attending the Junior Olympics need to show documentation of COVID vaccine or testing results. (This document provides specifics in addition to the required protocols in the USA Boxing Back to Boxing Guide posted on the website.)
Covid Documentation Required at Check-in: Coaches, Officials, Staff, Elite Boxers and Collegiate Boxers will be required at check-in to show COVID vaccine or testing documentation. All other boxer age divisions are NOT required testing or vaccine documentation.(However, please read below about masks and the Field of Play.) One of the three below documentation options must be presented:
• COVID Vaccine Card showing at least one vaccination.
• Negative COVID test results taken within 72 hours prior of check-in.
• Positive COVID test results between March 23-June 23, 2021.
Those who do NOT provide one of the above will be required to go get a local COVID test.
Those who test positive within 72 hours prior will not be allowed to participate at the event. To prevent the spread of the virus, please do not travel to Lubbock.
Field of Play Mask Mandate: Coaches, Officials, Staff, and any Boxer (of any age group) showing a fully vaccinated COVID card at check-in (two vaccine doses from Pfizer or Moderna, or one vaccine dose from Johnson & Johnson as described by the CDC) will NOT be required to wear a mask in the Field of Play.
• All others (including those with only one dose of Pfizer or Moderna) will be required to wear a mask in the Field of Play, including the gloving area.
• Boxers will not need to wear a mask while actively warming up or competing.
• All boxers will be required to wear a mask at weigh-ins.
Enforcement within the Field of Play: Those violating the mask protocols could be excused from and/or denied entry into the Field of Play.
Spectator Mask Guidelines: Spectators will be allowed at the Junior Olympics. All fans are expected to follow the Lubbock, Texas mask mandate.